Friday 14 May 2010

Scrabbling for Victory

Regular readers of my blog may be surprised to learn that I am an afficionado of online Scrabble, courtesy of an obscure social networking site called Facebook.

On the whole, I put up a good fist of it and, over the last year, have won my fair share of games. But anyone who knows Bill Blunt will tell you it's not enough to win 75% of my games. I'm nothing if not a perfectionist, and I'll not be happy until my every opponent is vanquished.

That's why I've decided - unilaterally, of course - that anyone who plays me must agree that they can only win the game if they win by a clear 55 point margin. Should there be complaints, I'll point them firmly in the direction of Her Majesty's Government. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, as far as I'm concerned.


6 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

A good strategy Bill. I wouldn't deign to compete against you in Scrabble. I am probably the world's worst player, the sort who struggles to come up with "cat".

Bill Blunt said...

I somehow doubt that, Gail. You're a wordsmith supreme.

70steen said...

I ply too on that same site ... I am how ever only in the 33% winshipment category ... obviously you don't have daddy Papersurfer on your books!!!

John C said...

I have a hard time playing Scrabble in Engrish, let alone proper Engrish. Do they offer handicaps for the thinking impaired on the UK site?

Bill Blunt said...

70's - looking forward to plying with you!

John C - For some reason we aren't allowed to play Americans. Possibly because it might involve war of some kind (even if over language!)

Theresa111 said...

Stopping in to say hello. Hope you are doing very well indeed.