Even though my old friend, Thomas Hamburger Jnr, recently received the accolade of being nominated as a Thinking Blogger, I noted that he pointedly did not include me in his own list of five subsequent nominees. I thought, at the time, that it was a little unthinking of him.
Thankfully, my thoughtfulness has been noted by another. Thank you, then, 70s Teen for nominating me for the self-same award.
I shall not let it go to my head.
Here are five blogs that make me think, and I hope they'll make you think too:
- Homeless Family's Blog - a recently-discovered place worth a regular stop-by, methinks
- Moon Danzer Delivers - more proof that the words 'thinking' and 'American' aren't as contradictory as President Bush might suggest
- On the strength of this single post alone, People in the Sun gets my vote.
- Saskboy is another blogger who makes me think - so much so that I regularly Fuel His Blog even though he's a competitor of mine in the tightly-fought-out News/Politics section of FMB. He keeps a close watch on our transatlantic cousins from his north of the border vantage point - and I for one am glad.
- Dear Domestic Minx has already been nominated twice for this award, but I can't resist making sure she has a third for her crowded mantlepiece. Her decadence delights daily.
The rules for winners of the Thinking Blog Award are outlined by originator Ilker Yoldas:
1. If you are nominated, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' - you can find more details here - with a link to the post that you wrote (there is an alternative gold version if silver doesn't fit your blog).