Sunday 22 April 2007

A Grand Day Out


I'm not a one for advertising. Not for me the shallow promotion of consumer goods, people or places. But I'm not afraid to share with the world when I've had a good experience. And today is a case in point.
Mrs Blunt took it into her head that we should take a Sunday drive across the Pennines. Somehow, we ended up in the pleasant, North Yorkshire town of Reeth.
I can't remember how long it is since I was in that neck of the woods, but the wonderful scenery thereabouts fair took my mind off Mrs B's usual (rather dire) conversation about her mother's lumbago.
Eventually, we had to decide on a place to eat, and there was no shortage of places to choose, I can tell you. In the end, we decided on The Kings Arms, a hostelry that not only served Black Sheep Ale, but also promised much in the way of Sunday lunch victuals.
We were not disappointed. Should you ever find yourself in the environs, you could do far, far worse than sample the roast lamb, potatoes, parsnips and cauliflower they serve up there - accompanied with one of the tastiest Yorkshire puddings you'll ever come across. All served up by some of the loveliest and friendliest people you'll come across.
10 / 10 to The Kings Arms, then. And if this is an advert, then I'm not worried. I know what I like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yorkshire pudding? yum. so much better than tripe :-)

Anonymous said...

Give me a Shepherd's Pie any day of the week.

I'm sure the shepherd won't mind.

HA!

- Julian.

Bill Blunt said...

nursemyra: Personally I couldn't agree more. But Bill seems to set high store in the simmering pan of cow's innards.

julian: I'm sure the shepherd wouldn't mind, so long as you don't threaten to publish his diaries!